fredag 24. april 2009

Quiznight at Laksen

Apparently, it's quiznight at the local restaurant/bar called "Laksen" (the Salmon, there's a famous river for salmonfishing going through Lærdal). We'll enter a 4-person team of 3 vets and a boyfriend - unless there's some sheep in need (it probably will be, but we'll try to make it)!

Today's been my day off before duty the rest of the weekend. I took the dogs for a nice, 2 hour long walk, about 10 minutes drive from here. It's an old road going down the steep, narrow and winding vally between Lærdal and Borgund - and it's a great place to walk. The downside (literally) is that it's a steep fall on one side untill we meet the "main road" again, so only Saoudie and Easy can be off leash (Chivas is leashed - period, and Esso and the puppy is too playful) - they are calm and listens when I call. No danger, and none of the dogs are suicidal, but I don't trust Esso NOT to come runnnig and accidentally push someone. We had a really nice walk, and on the way back we hiked the old "postal road" which is more of a trail in the woods (hilly woods, lots of exercise!), and I think I'll take that road more often, I loved walking there - and no danger of letting Esso and the puppy run free either! Next time, I'll bring the camera too :)

Looks like quiznight is cancelled - the team is lacking 3 of 4 members due to sheep in need! So now, I'm having an appointment with Dr. House for an hour or two ;)

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar