fredag 2. oktober 2009

Winter on the way...

The last 4 nights, it's been below zero degrees outside, and the grass has been white with frost in the morning. A sure sign that winter is definately on the way - I'd rather have a couple of more months of summer... I've never been a "winter-kind-of-person", it's either cold and freezing or wet and freezing for months and months. You have to dress up in warm clothes to do anything, the dogs hate the cold... Need any more arguments?

This morning, it was 16 degrees in the livingroom - and last night I had to lit a fire in the bedroom, because it was so cold! That's the nice thing about winter - being inside with a nice fire burning in the oven! And tea, lots of warm tea ;) The dogs love it, and happily curl up beside the woodburning oven.Both my girls are in heat. Vita is certainly on her way down, and were never really bothered about the whole thing. Easy is a bit tricky, as she doesn't bleed - and she was suddenly very ready on Monday, doing her best to drive Chivas nuts!!! As Easys breeder, Dan, are entiteled to a litter from her, and we had planned to mate her on this heat. The chosen male is Ylladian Eugenios Gavino, a Finnish import to Norway. Parents are Fin Est Ch Calimero de la Roche Hue and Int Fin Est Ch Dervisch Dial L for Love. In about 3 weeks time, I'll see if I can feel any puppies there - and puppies are expected at the very beginning of December.

1 kommentar:

  1. I'm looking forward in seeing what this combo will give:)
    Dan is using alot of "his stuff" now, or dogs after his dogs, he's been wise and seems to have some options of his own dogs now to use:)

    I'm loving the non winter here... hehehe I still think it's freezing but it's not that cold compared to Norway but my legwarmers are out:)

    SvarSlett