tirsdag 26. mai 2009

On a rainy day...

Lærdal is the driest place on the West Coast of Norway, and usually all farmers have constant watering of their fields - but not today. It's pouring down! None of the dogs want to be outside, even for a quick pee.
The weekend was very quiet, I had no plans. The weather was very nice, so I spent a lot of time in the garden with the dogs, and we also went for a few walks. I've been on call today and yesterday, but it's really quiet now. Just a few sheep with mastitis and a load of perscriptions for deworming for lambs and ticktreatment!

The Norwegian IG Comitee are arranging an Open Show for italian greyhounds (unofficial show) on June 6th - and we have 25 IGs entered!!!! It'll be lots of work, but so much fun :) And on Sunday, I've entered my dogs for NKK International show at Drammen, hoping for a CACIB for Easy, and a nice placement for Esso. At that point, he's only got like 3 days left until he can take his last CACIB for his Int Championship - it's so typical that the Calender is moving in the wrong direction, or he might have gotten it that weekend...

Other plans - maybe a trip to Belgium in July? And the Swedish Sighthoundshow last weekend of July. Then I'll drive North, home to Svolvær for a holiday - and luckily just in time for the Lofoten Showweekend first weekend in August! August 8th, a friend of mine is getting married, and of course I'll be at her wedding! That's my big excuse to drive home to Svolvær this summer - it's quite a long trip, so it's not something I do every year. There's also NKK International Show in Oslo in August, where I HAVE to go - I need to hunt that last CACIB for Esso, and he won BOB and BIG-3 there last year :)
ps - if anyone wonders why it's mostly pictures of the salukis in my blog, it's because they tend to stand still more often and for longer periods than the IGs, so they are 10 times easier to get a good photo of ;)

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar