torsdag 21. mai 2009

It's been a while...

Sorry (especially to you Margrét, haha)! But I've really been superbusy the last weeks. I thought lambingseason was coming to an end, and that it would be less to do at work - but I was totally wrong! Monday 4th to Wednesday 6th I worked 41 hours, I was so exhausted on Wednesday afternoon that I fell asleep during dinner! After that, it was still busy, but not lifethreatening ;)

Today is a national holiday, don't know what it's called in English - Kristi Himmelfartsdag. I'm on call, as usual, but it's very quiet. 2 phonecalls so far, one visit to a sheep with mastitis. If I weren't on duty yesterday as well, I'd probably make someone call me to check if the dutynumber was coupled to my phone! I went for a walk with the dogs and my colleage Liv - a plan like that would normally make some farmer call immediately, but for a change, I got to walk in peace :)I had a visitor today, the daughter of my colleage Bjørg (I rent my house from her and her husband) - Ingrid. She's 4 years old, and loooves my dogs :) Especially Chivas. Above, you see her with Saoudie. She got a baby brother just a week ago, and I got to say hi to him today. He's such a cute little thing! But I'm not very comfortable around babies, they're kind of scary really... ;P
Tomorrow morning at 08.00, I go off duty - and I have the whole weekend off! Eivind has some friends for a visist, and I've heard rumours about party :) Wonder if I should go to Sogndal tomorrow and do some shopping?!? Last time I was in Oslo, I only had time to brush by a bookstore, before heading to Sweden and another catastrophic LC trial for Chivas... Stupid dog! Anyway, I need some new summeroutfits, and I need it badly. I have a confession to make - I have become addicted - to the Twilight series. When Chanett Orre were here 3 weeks ago, she had the Twilight movie on her computer, and I suddenly realized that I'd actually bought the book a couple of weekends earlier (the weekend of the first catastrophic LC trial for Chivas - stupid, insecure dog), but never got around to start reading it. Thought it sounded potetially good though, and I never miss an opportunity to buy a book (I easily get addicted to books...). I had no idea it was already a movie, I'm a bit slow on these things, since I don't have a TV and no radiosignals either. We watched the movie, and I loved it. I think I read the book twice the next week, before I headed towards Oslo and larger bookstores - I just had to buy the next 3 books in the series as well. I've finished the 2nd and 3rd ages ago, but still saving nr 4 - until this weekend - I needed something to look forward to! And I'm so used to either work weekends or go somewhere, that I'm afraid I'll be bored with 3 full days with NO PLANS!

I got some new dogbooks as well (did I say that I love Amazon.com?):
  • The Winning Edge - George Alston (superfamous professional handler from USA)
  • New Secrets of Successful Show Dog Handling - Peter Green (superfamous professional handler from USA)
  • The book of the Bitch - book on how to best take care of a bitch/puppies etc - don't know how much I'll learn from that, seems pretty basic so far, so it might be something to give away (Margrét?)
  • Raising a Champion - not opened yet, no time!
I'll probably end up with a dog book library before I turn 35, haha

5 kommentarer:

  1. Ja jeg tar gjerne book of the bitch om du ikke skal ha den :)
    Endelig en blog hehe, fru superviktig vetrinær:) Masse lille lammebebiser har kommet seg i verden takk til deg:)

    SvarSlett
  2. må bare lese den først, men så langt er den ganske basic for meg, har andre bøker som sier det samme

    jeg har faktisk ikke vært på så mange lamminger, men har ikke tall på hvor mange jurbetennelser jeg har vært på! Eller kalkmangel, livmorbetennelser, syke lam osv - nå ser det heldigvis ut til å ta slutt, de første sauene og lammene sendes til fjells i helga - jippi!

    SvarSlett
  3. ps - vil protestere litt på å bli kalt fru, kan ikke huske å ha giftet meg i det siste ;)

    SvarSlett
  4. FRU veterinær.. ;) Vi gleder oss til du får jobb på Østlandet og til Chivas kommer på rettbanetrening for å lære å løpe etter LUREN og ikke de pene damene.

    SvarSlett
  5. Fru bara så beter ut en Frøken i denne sammenhengen siden du har giftet deg med jobben:)

    SvarSlett