søndag 6. september 2009

Not much to blog about really

But I'll do it anyway ;)

The weather has been horrible the last couple of weeks - pouring rain only broken up by less heavy rain... Obviously, this means mostly indoor activities, like working on the IG database. The dogs are more than happy to stay inside, they really hate being outside in the rain!

Thursday, I went to Oslo to do some socializing - of myself LOL My friend Camilla (childhoodfriend from Svolvær) were having a "getting rid of half my clothes and shoes" day, so I went there to say hello and see if I could find something interesting. No shoes, as she's not my size, but I got myself a couple of nice jackets and some "basic" shirts and t-shirts. I brought Esso and Vita with me for some doggiesosialization as well, and believe me - IGs at a "clothes and wine party" is never wrong!!! My friend has a pomeranian bitch, so there were also something to cuddle for those who prefer dogs with much coat.

I went to visit Evy on Friday. The plan was to take some nice outdoor photos of the cirnecopuppies, who's 4 weeks old, but our request for OK weather was not granted... The clouds were litterally wide open, I can't remember last time I've seen such heavy raining! Bummer... The puppies are so cute - especially the smallest female, such a nice girl - and so attentive. She stares you right in the eyes, willing you to keep contact with only her!

It's always nice to visit Evy - all dogs are so happy to come and say hello! Especially Don and Saoudie. Looking at the weather and the amount of mud everywhere, I wisely kept my raincoat on during the greetingseremony ;) I was surprised to see the amount of water everywhere, both in the river (no safe crossing there now!) and all the "new lakes" on fields in the area. On the way back from Evy to Spydeberg, there were several places where the water was flooding the road (at least partially), that was not anywhere like that when I drove down there, earlier in the day!

Yesterday was quiet, but I had to drive down to Oslo to rescue Marie after work. In order to see the dashboard when she's driving the long tunnel by Lillestrøm, she needs to turn the lights on - but her car doesn't beep when she opens the door with lights still on, so they'd been on all day while she was working. So when she was on her way home, the car wouldn't start... Flat battery... So I had to drive down with "startingcables" (startkabler ;) to help her get started again. It worked like magic!

Today, it's actually sunny outside. Where did that come from?!? So, we'll take the dogs for a walk later, but we just discovered that the apples are getting ready for picking! That means only one thing - Apple Cake! Now, this instant!!!

4 kommentarer:

  1. Hehe, you forget to tell about Knut Erik's comments on the boots....but when I think about it, maybe not here in the blogg :-) hahaha!

    SvarSlett
  2. Oh, yes, the boots ;) Perhaps not on the blog, LOL

    SvarSlett
  3. ok, not on the blog.. but here in the comment field for us who are extremely curious!!!

    SvarSlett
  4. He just made a real funny comment when I had a mouthfull of Taco's, the comment was too excellent but sorry not here on the blogg. Lena and I had a serious kick:-) I am sure she will tell you later...LOL In private though:-)

    SvarSlett