søndag 31. mai 2009

A patient of my own...

The weather's been brilliant today - sun from a (mostly) cloudless sky all day! I haven't had too much to do at work, so I've spent a lot of time at home. I've got a fenced garden, and my backdoor can be open all the time when I'm at home. I've spent a lot of time in the garden today, cleaning up dogpoop and later just relaxing and reading a bit. I went inside at 8.30 pm, and after maybe 30 minutes, I noticed Vita looking kind of strange. She'd started to get a swollen lip, by the corner of her mouth. I got a few phonecalls, and didn't have time to examine her closely for half an hour. Then, the lips on both sides of her mouth was swollen and hanging, and her nose was almost twice s wide! Her right eye was beginning to look poofy too, so I had to be vet to my own dog today. A shot of cortisone and some antibiotics did the trick, and now she's almost back to normal again! But if you think this slowed her down for even a minute... Nope, not at all! Full speed ahead!!! She's a bit too curious for her own good, and my guess is she tried to eat a wasp - not the smartest thing she's done in her life ;) A farmer told me today, that I live on the side of the river where "huggorm" (in english? some sort of snake) can be found, but I doubt there's any in my garden, I've been stumping around all day :)

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar